Sunday, December 28, 2008

Nov 26 - Another interview

This one was really weird. It was for a plain old data entry position...at an industrial supply company. I got there a few minutes early...didn't know how long it would take to get there from here.

When I got called into the office, I was interviewed by one lady. She touched on my jobs - asked why I left - what I did (to expand on my duties listed). Asked me about how fast I can learn things. Then asked "Why are you just doing data entry and admin stuff? Your resume shows me that you could do so much more."

HMMM

So then she told me that the data entry position was filled internally...but that there was a job opening up right away in another department that she felt I would be "great at". It is an executive assistant position in the dispatch center. Job duties include payroll, HR, billing, payables. A bunch of stuff I have never done - or so I thought and said so (but did say that I learn fast...LOL). And she said "oh yes you have - right here, and here, and here" as she was pulling stuff off my resume. Very cool.

So now I have another interview with the head of that department next Tuesday.

Now the only issues I have with this job is it covering a mat leave - so a year. So that would mean me looking for another job - possibly - next year at this time again. The lady did say that they really try to keep employees - find other places for them to go if it is a temp position. the other is it may be too much for me as I really don't think I have the experience in all these different things to just walk in and take over such a big job.

No comments: