Sunday, December 28, 2008

Chiropractor/personal trainer/nutritionist

Well, my chiropractor has given me the okay to go ahead with some more advanced stuff now. My back has been feeling not to bad...my scans are showing great improvement in lots of areas. My pain is way way less than it has been in a long time - which is FANTASTIC.

So he gave me a "free" consultation with the personal trainer/nutritionist who works in his office (she is also his wife...LOL). I had my first appointment with her last Tuesday.

We went over exercises, nutrition and did a basic evaluation of my body. OUCH. NOT good. I definately have a lot to work on. She was, however, surprised when she did my body measurements that both my upper arms are the same size and both my thighs are the same size and my left calf is only 3/8 of an inch bigger than my right. She said it is very rare for someone to be so balanced. LOL

We went through a bunch of other things as well.

For now she wants me to monitor my eating habits and to do a minimum of 20 minutes on the treadmill a day. And I go back to see her next Monday afternoon at which time we will go over my eating plan and add more to my exercise program. It will be moderate right now until we get home from our vacation and then we will go full steam ahead.

She figures that for me to reach my goal (to be down 15 - 20 lbs), as long as I follow exactly what she says, I shouldn't have a problem meeting it in 4 - 6 months. YIPPEE!!!

No comments: