Sunday, August 2, 2009

June 18 - Gunner's going to be a daddy

Took Rondee and Ding into the vet today. It was quite the spectacle getting them to load. I wanted Rondee in first and then Ding in the back. Well, that was not happening. Rondee said "hmmm...maybe"...stepped in with her front end and then flew backwards. AFter that it was absolutely NO.

So we loaded Ding. She took a little grain to persuade her to get in but she did. We tied her up and shut the divider. Then tried with Rondee. I am not strong enough to hold and pull with my bad elbow so Doyle got in the trailer...which is a big deal as he is very nervous.

We tried everything and no go. Then Rondee got loose. Doyle cornered her and caught her and we tried again. This time we opened the divider and moved Ding's butt over.

Once Rondee saw that she had lots of room and could get right up beside Ding she walked right in. So now I have a scared hubby in the front of this trailer with two horses between him and the door.

I had him untie Ding and retie her to the next spot and then bring Rondee in further and tie her. I then told him to just duck under Ding's neck and come out. He did great. I am very proud of him!!!

So off I went to the vet clinic. The assistant came out and helped me bring them in together...which was a good thing as Rondee is a very nervous nelly. Ding, however, went "oh...treats...okay...coming". LOL

Both of them checked in foal to Gunner (Young N High - High Brow Hickory x Young Gun daughter). They are due on April 30 and May 1.

We then had to do the same thing at the vet clinic. Load Ding and then Rondee and put them both in the front section of the trailer. Good thing this vet clinic is willing to help out with stuff like loading.

So that means, with Gidget, I have THREE maiden mares foaling in two days. Let's hope they space themselves out a little bit.

But YIPPEE!!! My cutting horse breeding operation is off and running.

No comments: