Sunday, August 2, 2009

June 15 - Interesting phone call

I got a phone call today from the Dodge dealership in Vegreville. They want to sell us an extended warranty for our truck. After listening to the spiel and then telling the lady what we do with the truck...she agreed that it may not pay to get it.

We went onto cost and I told her that we could not afford it in any event due to my unemployment. She then asked me what I do for a living. I told her that I am an administrative assistant. She said "really...send me your resume". We are looking for a couple new people and the boss is wanting to go by word of mouth instead of advertising. She then asked if I had any work experience in Veg so that the boss could talk to those people as well instead of just those on my resume. I told her who and she wrote them down...then gave me her e-mail address.

So I have sent my covering letter and my resume off to her.

Maybe something will come of putting my resume into a job this way. LOL

No comments: